The Department for Energy Security and Net Zero (DESNZ), in partnership with Innovate UK KTN, will host an online briefing event on Tuesday 6 February 2024 to share details on the upcoming Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) Phase 3 Spring 2024 competition window, which will support industrial sites in England, Wales and Northern Ireland to decarbonise their industrial processes through investing in energy efficiency and deep decarbonisation technologies.
The Spring 2024 competition window, which will open shortly to applications, provides capital investment in the form of a grant to industrial sites, such as manufacturing, mining, quarrying, material recycling and data centres, both within and outside the industrial clusters, to transition to a low carbon future.
The competition will provide grant funding towards the costs of:
- Feasibility and engineering studies for potential deployment projects that will deliver energy efficiency or decarbonisation benefits if implemented, enabling decision-makers to make informed investment choices
- Deployment of mature energy efficiency technologies that improve industrial energy efficiency and reduce energy demand (TRL 7-9)
- Deployment of deep decarbonisation technologies that reduce carbon emissions associated with the industrial process (TRL 7-9)
The briefing webinar will include an opportunity to:
- Hear about the scope of the competitions in more detail and how to apply
- Learn about the eligibility criteria
- Hear about the IETF support and information services available for businesses
- Have one-to-one discussions with the IETF team about the competitions, eligibility criteria and potential applications to the fund
The webinar will benefit a number of organisations and professionals including:
- Manufacturing companies
- Mining and quarrying companies
- Recovery and recycling of materials companies
- Data centres
- Energy efficiency and decarbonisation technology providers
- Operators of industrial laundry and textile renting facilities
- Operators of controlled environment horticulture
To register for the webinar, please visit the registration site.